Have you purchased a new phone and looking for a guide about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone? Probably, contact transfer is the very first that we think when we change our cell phones.
One of the common methods is to transfer contacts manually but this method is hard and also time-consuming if your contacts list is long. Hence we decided to write a guide on how to move contacts from iPhone to iPhone. In these methods, we shall use different software which can do this task easily.
How to Move Contacts from One iPhone to Another Using iCloud?
It is a very simple method to transfer contacts. See the below step by step guide to move contacts using iCloud.
- First of all, go to your old phone to make a Backup. For backup, first of all go to ?Settings? then ?icloud? and now tap ?Backup?. Now Turn on iCloud Backup (it may be already turn on) and click on backup now.
- On your new iPhone, go to iCloud section in the settings area. Now click ?General? to see the settings in general section. Further proceedings, click ?Reset? and then click ?Erase All Content and Settings?. Now press ?Erase iPhone?. Now click on ?setup the iPhone? and then choose to Restore your iCloud.
- In the final step, Select that backup ( which was recently created). All done! Your contacts will be transferred within minutes.
How to Move/Transfer Contacts from One to Another IPhone with iTunes?
Except for iCloud, contacts from iPhone to iPhone can be transferred using iTunes also. Below is a step by step procedure.
- Connect the old iPhone to the computer by using a cable and open iTunes. Note that, your iTunes must be updated.
- After opening iTunes on your old phone, click on your iPhone in iTunes and then click info. After that, you have to click on Sync Contacts option.
- Now click Apply to sync contacts.
- Unplug the connected phone (old iPhone).
- Plugin new iPhone.
- Select your new iPhone in iTunes and click on Info.
- Make sure the sync option is marked.
- Scroll down to advance menu. Here you have to check the contacts. Now click on Replace information on this iPhone. Finally, click Apply to complete the process.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using Third Party Software?
There are many software in the market that can be used to transfer contacts. Two of these pieces of software are AnyTrans and EaseUs Mobile Mover. Both pieces of software are easy to use.
With EaseUs Mobile Mover, you can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone or computer and other devices. On the other hand, AnyTrans also support various devices including Android mobiles.
The transfer procedure is like iTunes for both software. First, you will install any of them on your computer then you have to connect your phones and then you can choose contacts that you want to move.
Additionally, both software allows to transfer music, photos, messages, and other media.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using Gmail?
Gmail is another option that can be used to transfer contacts. If you want to use Gmail for this purpose then follow the steps.
- First of all, Make sure you are logged in into your Gmail account.
- After login, go to the device settings then Mail, Contacts, Calendar => Gmail and here you have to turn on the option of Contacts.
- Here you can sync contacts or you can log in the same Gmail on the computer and can go to contacts.
- Finally, click on export contacts.
- Here you have to choose a vCard format to export contacts. Once vCard will be ready, you can transfer contacts.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using Bluetooth?
Did nothing work? No problem this is another easy way to transfer contacts.
- Turn on Bluetooth on both phones.
- Select the desired contacts from old iPhone and click on share.
- In the share options, select Bluetooth. Make sure both phones are connected with each other via Bluetooth.
- Accept the incoming data from the new iPhone.
- You have successfully transferred contacts.
These were 5 methods to transfer contacts. I tried to make the process very simple by defining each step. Anyhow, if you are facing problem then mention it in the comments and we shall help you to solve it.